Are you looking for a sport that will allow you to get out of the home more often while also improving your mental and physical health? Kayaking may provide you with all of these benefits as well as a lot of fun. Kayaking is one of the popular water sports that requires paddling a small boat called a kayak with a double-bladed oar. Besides, kayaks come in a variety of styles.
Taking up a new activity or pastime may be intimidating and confusing. The same is applicable in the case of kayaking too. If you are a beginner and don’t have any idea about kayaking, you don’t have to worry about it. Most of the tour planning companies will assign an expert to guide people like you. Even though you are new to kayaking, if you want to try kayaking Atlantis Tenerife trip, it’s a great idea. Mentioned below are some tips for you if you are a beginner in kayaking.
- Kayaking Classes: First and foremost, take a kayaking lesson. You may not believe you require one. Paddling a kayak can’t be too difficult, right? Kayaking lessons are not prohibitively costly. Take the help of the online tools to find a good kayaking centre near you for basic kayaking classes.
- Clothes: You must never dress up looking at the weather. Instead dress up keeping the water in view. For example, you might want to go kayaking in small shorts on a sunny day, but chances are high that water will be chilly.
- Choosing the Boat: Kayaks come in a variety of shapes and sizes, ranging from normal boats to racing boats. If you are a beginner, make sure that you choose the boats that are suitable for beginners because they are will be easy to paddle.
- Sit Properly: Make sure that you sit properly in a kayak. This will be easier for you paddle. Even if your kayak has a great comfortable backrest, make sure that you don’t slouch.
- Holding Paddle: You must learn how to hold the paddle in the right way. This may seem self-evident, yet many beginners grip their paddle incorrectly when starting to kayak. You can take the help of the guide there on this part.
- Extra Clothes: You must always carry an extra set of clothes when you go for kayaking. Imagine how it would be if your clothes have become wet during the activity, and the weather is very cool! No doubt, this situation can be uncomfortable to everyone. Hence, make sure that you always carry an extra set of clothes with you.
- Never Kayak Alone: Make sure that you never kayak alone. No matter how much experience you have, you must never kayak alone. Join forces with another kayaker. This will be helpful if something goes wrong with you. In simple words, if you get into any problem, the other person will be available to help you.
If you are planning to go for kayaking then do contact the team of Club Canary. Their kayaking trips are very famous in Tenerife. Check their website for more information about their kayaking trips. You can also take a look at the Club Canary reviews and you will definitely be surprised.